If you have ever wondered who the best butcher in Texas is then wait no longer…..(drum roll) Huzzah it is Bryan Butler!
AUSTIN – An Austin butcher was named the best in the state during the Austin Food & Wine Festival.
Bryan Butler, co-owner of Salt & Time Butcher Shop on East 7th Street, won after the final round of the competition. The Texas Beef Council sponsored the Beef Loving Texans’ Best Butcher in Texas competition. Butler beat Dallas winner Shawn Knowles and Houston winner Michael Majkszak for the title.
The beef from the competition was donated to St. PJ’s Children’s Home, a shelter for children in crisis. The beef will reportedly feed at least 600 shelter residents.
In addition to the title, Butler received a $5,000 prize, a culinary knife set and will be featured in a full-page ad in Texas Monthly. (see original post here)
The Butchers Guild is passionate about making meaningful connections. We are implementing a new program called the Butchers Guild Farm Index. This means that for an annual processing fee of $33 we will list your farm on our site.
Why do you need pay the processing fee annually? Because farms change, business grow, some expand and some close down. We need to update this index with the farms directly to make sure we are representing your business best. We will do so once a year.
Here is how to get your farm listed:
1) Pay the annual processing fee here
2) Email us (at E | email@example.com) the name of your farm, your contact information, your website and a brief bio explaining what your farm is all about. You must have best practices, best treatment of animals and best quality to qualify.
E | firstname.lastname@example.org P | 415-297-9601
If you speak french Or enjoy throwback brand-extension-headers like this one, you will enjoy this overseas blog called Nakide and their coverage of The Butchers Guild just like I did.
I am always amazed at all the fascinating, wonderful emails I get from all over the world showing the impact of The Butchers Guild and its members. If you ever wonder wether or not your efforts and hard work are being noticed. Trust us, they are.
What does Beekeeping and Butchery have in common? I think they’re both a worthwhile trade.
Link to Original Post
I am no longer able to work our hives and need someone to do that for me. We keep bees for the pleasure of having them in our garden, working the fruit trees, and would be glad to pay for the help and give you our honey. We live in Rincon Valley on the east side of Santa Rosa.
This butcher’s DIY kit by Browning is super awesome and well priced, it comes with a carrying case and is pretty much the perfect Christmas, Father’s Day or everyday gift for people who cut meat.
Browning is a renown brand in shooting and hunting sports, they specialize in cutlery and survival gear for the toughest, demanding environments. The Browning DIY Butcher Kit includes everything to help hunters process any game out in the wild or at home. This extensive Multi-tool field butchers kit includes 5 sharp and durable 420 stainless steel knives with rubberized sure-grip handles, game shears, a sharpening steel, plus a nylon tool roll and LED cap light.
Please consider applying for our full-time Operations Assistant position (description attached). Deadline for submissions is May 5th.
The Local Meat Operations Assistant is expected to:
- Drive company vehicle to pick up meat products at cooperating processors and deliver to company warehouse.
- Carefully unload meat products into designated storage areas, including loading boxes onto pallets and using a pallet jack to transport product within the warehouse.
- Ensure food safety and temperature control procedures are practiced at all times.
- Take product inventory and pack customer orders under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with customer orders and preferences.
- Deliver selected Triangle-based orders in company vehicle.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of temperatures and delivery
conditions as required by our food safety and cold-chain supply
- Maintain a clean and organized inventory warehouse space.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Understand policies & practices that are relevant to our mission and be able
to articulate these to the general public as part of consumer education and outreach to connect local, pasture-based livestock producers with local markets.
Note: This position requires routinely working in cold temperatures and lifting 50 lb. boxes overhead.
The Local Meat Operations Assistant reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Co-CEO Jennifer Curtis.
This is a full-time position.
* This job requires routinely working in cold temperatures and lifting 50 lb boxes overhead.
This week’s Cropmobster alert highlights: Full-time farmhand, Free Nutrition Courses, Beekeeper Jobs and More. If you are not a member of Cropmobster, but work in the AG space, sign up to post alerts and join the platform.
I just think this is such an awesome phot of David Zier of Zier’s Prime Meats. That is all. 💛 Tia
This is an image of David Zier of Zier’s Prime Meats