Belcampo Hiring Salumiere
Salumiere –Belcampo Butchery
Belcampo California is a fully vertically integrated meat company, comprised of farm, slaughterhouse, butcher shops, and restaurants. We grow, process, and sell a wide variety of animals. Each part of our chain is integral in the success of the company as a whole.
Belcampo Butchery is a USDA inspected facility that provides slaughter, processing, and value added services. By controlling the entire production chain – from the farm, through slaughter and processing, and right through to the point of sale – Belcampo offers an unparalleled experience to the consumer, ideal for an emerging market of consumers concerned about food safety, environmental responsibility, and taste quality
This unique situation allows us to build a connection with the live animals, from our farm twenty miles away, all the way through to the customer. Slaughtering in-house also creates great opportunity to work with extremely fresh product.
Belcampo has a dynamic and diverse team. We find that the following characteristics are shared among the individuals who thrive on our team:
- Problem Solving
- Love of Great Food
- Sense of Humor
The Salumiere will lead the production of whole muscle salumi as well as overseeing the finishing and packaging of a wide variety of value added products, including sausages, both fresh and smoked, bacons, deli meat, jerky, and salami, as well as other products.
This position will be responsible for:
- Leading the production of whole muscle salumi, including being the primary person butchering, curing, and finishing the product, and leading the tying, according to the standards of quality and volume laid out.
- Packaging of all finished value added products.
- Ensuring that all regulatory and in-house requirements are met and appropriately documented, and that finished product is appropriately stored and ready for shipment.
- Ensuring that all quality specs are met for all finished value added products.
- Leading a staff of hourly employees to efficiently and accurately accomplish the above responsibilities.
Recommended skills/experience includes:
- Some hog butchery experience, ideally with whole animals.
- Some experience curing whole muscle cuts.
- Experience managing a staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work with production machinery.
Desirable qualities include:
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough.
- Highly observant.
- Patience, and working well under pressure.
- Honesty and dedication.
- Motivated to produce high quality products.
- Excellent food safety practices.
- Italian, Spanish, or French language skills.
- A love of fine cured pork products.
- Position reports to the Vice President of Retail Products
Belcampo Butchery is located in Yreka, California, in Siskiyou County. This position includes travel and training in Italy, with our overseas partner. Salary is competitive, and include a generous benefit package.