Please consider applying for our full-time Operations Assistant position (description attached). Deadline for submissions is May 5th.
The Local Meat Operations Assistant is expected to:
- Drive company vehicle to pick up meat products at cooperating processors and deliver to company warehouse.
- Carefully unload meat products into designated storage areas, including loading boxes onto pallets and using a pallet jack to transport product within the warehouse.
- Ensure food safety and temperature control procedures are practiced at all times.
- Take product inventory and pack customer orders under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with customer orders and preferences.
- Deliver selected Triangle-based orders in company vehicle.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of temperatures and delivery
conditions as required by our food safety and cold-chain supply
- Maintain a clean and organized inventory warehouse space.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Understand policies & practices that are relevant to our mission and be able
to articulate these to the general public as part of consumer education and outreach to connect local, pasture-based livestock producers with local markets.
Note: This position requires routinely working in cold temperatures and lifting 50 lb. boxes overhead.
The Local Meat Operations Assistant reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Co-CEO Jennifer Curtis.
This is a full-time position.