Joining The Butcher’s Guild is easy; we have several types of Memberships tailored to fit your needs. Wether you are a butcher who moves from shop to shop or a business owner – connecting and learning as a Butcher’s Guild Member is as satisfying as dropping a shortloin one-handed or artfully carving up the round – simply put; it’s as wonderful as it “seams”.
Signing up is simple: fill out our Membership Application, once filled out, purchase your membership. We will contact you within five business days to “activate” the benefits of your membership with The Butcher’s Guild. If you are ineligible to be a member of the guild, we will return your membership fees immediately.
All Butcher’s Guild Members receive:
- Listing and link on The Butcher’s Guild website
- Access to a network of highly skilled, passionate, artisan butchers – a.k.a your peers!
- Opportunities to help educate and share your work with other BG Members
- Promotion of your butchery activities and events on The Butcher’s Guild Website
- Interview on The Butcher’s Guild Website
- Access to the Member’s Only Section of the BG Site, which includes educational and industry resources
- An invitation to The Meat Locker: BG Members Only Forum
- A beautiful certificate of BG approval for display
- Butcher’s Guild Logo Apron
- Invitation to the Annual BG Retreat and Butchery Competitions where you will learn, eat and bond with other butchers
- A Butcher’s Guild window decal
- Access to the Member Directory
- Invitation to regional educational events for members only
- Opportunity to write for the Food Arts Blog
- A link on The Butcher’s Guild website to your establishment (or blog if you are an Individual Member)
- Member “hosting” and connections when traveling to BG Headquarters, San Francisco