THE BUTCHER’S GUILD ONLINE PRIVACY POLICIES
Thank you for visiting The Butcher’s Guild (“BG”) website and reviewing our policies.
Information presented on this Web site is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the reader. While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, BG does not certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties.
Under no circumstances shall BG be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information contained herein from whatever source nor shall BG be liable for any other consequences from any such reliance.
External Linking Policy
Purpose and Disclaimer
BG permits the establishment of external hyperlinks on its official website only if the links strictly comply with this policy. In establishing and maintaining its official website, BG does not intend to create any forum or other means for public discourse. Rather, the sole and limited purpose of the permitted external links is to provide information about BG for Members and visitors. BG does not control third party sites and therefore does not warrant that third party sites are accurate or, reliable, or that they have operational links.
Consistent with the foregoing purpose, it is within BG ’s rights and in addition, BG reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to: a) Deny a link that does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy; b) Deny or discontinue an external link at any time if the website provides or promotes false, slanderous, illegal, infringing or incorrect information; c) Deny or discontinue an external link at any time if a substantial purpose of the linked website has become moot; d) Remove any external link if the nature of the organization to which the link relates no longer complies with BG’s external link policy; e) Revise this policy without prior notice when BG considers such revision to be in its best interests.
We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our online payment services, we may request credit card or other payment information which may be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers.
Information You Provide
Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form and contact us form is used to help us enhance our web sites, and may be shared with Butcher’s Guild employees and contractors for that purpose.
We do not give, share, sell, rent or transfer any personal information to a third party, unless we have your consent.
BG uses link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from dozens of vendors and members that are not part of BG web site and over whom BG exercises no control.
The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites.
We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this Web site expressly consents to such monitoring.
We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
All editorial and creative assets on this web site, including the code used to create web pages, are protected by US and international copyright laws. BG reserves all rights to this content.
‘org’, ‘this individual’);
for notification of potential copyright infringement regarding Websites hosted by The Butcher’s Guild, LLC: 455 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109.
If you believe a Website hosted by The Butcher’s Guild, LLC infringes a copyright; please provide the following information to the person identified above (17 U.S.C.A. § 512): A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorized agent;
Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information regarding how we may contact you (for example, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address);
A statement that the copyright owner or its authorized agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, and, if an agent is providing the notification, a statement that the agent is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
THIS SITE AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SUBJECT TO YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL INDICATE YOUR TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROMPTLY EXIT THIS SITE.
Restrictions on Use
1. Restrictions on Use. All pages within this Website and any material made available for download (collectively the “Site”) are the property of The Butcher’s Guild, LLC. (“BG”) and/or its affiliates. The Site is protected by federal and international copyright and trademark laws. No portion of the materials on these pages may be reprinted, republished, modified, or distributed in any form without the express written permission of BG. Site for your own personal use or the internal use of your business. You shall keep intact any proprietary notices, including copyright notices, contained on any downloaded materials and shall comply with any applicable end user license agreements.
Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any applicable end user license agreements are reserved by BG.
2. Trademark Notice [List of trademarks] are the logos, trademarks, and service marks of BG. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
3. Warranty Disclaimer. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEBSITES.
BG, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SPONSORS ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
Although BG attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include inaccuracies or errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform BG so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
Confidential and Proprietary Information
4. Confidential and Proprietary Information. BG does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through the Site. Please note that any information or material sent to BG through the Site will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending BG any information or material, you grant BG an unrestricted, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit, and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that BG is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
5. Links to Our Site. If you desire to provide a hyperlink from your Website to our Site, you must agree to be bound by the terms of our Hyperlink License Agreement.
6. Links or Pointers to Other Sites. BG makes no representations whatsoever about any other Website that you may access though this Site. When you access a non-BG Website, please understand that it is independent from BG, and that BG has no control over the content on that Website. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-BG Website does not mean that BG endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. BG Website contains links to and frames of sites, which are not maintained by BG. While we try to include only links to or frames of those sites which are in good taste and safe for our visitors, we are not responsible for the content of those sites and cannot guarantee that sites will not change without our knowledge, and inclusion of such links and frames in the BG Web site does not imply BG’s endorsement of the linked or framed sites or their content. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature.
7. Nonendorsement. The views and opinions of authors published on the BG website do not necessarily reflect those of BG. Reference to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by BG. Nor shall any information or statements contained on this server be used for the purposes of advertising, or to imply an endorsement or recommendation.
With respect to documents available from the BG website, neither BG nor any of its employees make any warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, neither BG nor any of its employees assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed; nor do they represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
8. Choice of Law and Venue. These Terms and Conditions are entered into in the State of California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its choice of law rules. Each party to these Terms and Conditions submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County of San Francisco in the State of California, and waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. In any action to enforce these Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorney’s fees. In the event that any of the Terms and Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, those provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
9. No Unlawful or Prohibited Purpose. As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant to BG that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
As of March 4, 2011
The Butcher’s Guild Hyperlink License Agreement
Subject to the following terms and conditions of this Hyperlink License Agreement (“License”), The Butcher’s Guild, LLC (hereafter “BG”) will grant the [Enter Licensee’s name] a nonexclusive, royalty free, non-transferable license to create a hyperlink from your Internet Website to our Website (the “Link”) and/or use the BG logo displayed below (the “Link Logo”). Except as expressly provided in this License, all rights to BG’s intellectual property are specifically reserved.
Form of Link.
a. Form of Link. You may only Link to our home page at: thebutchersguild.org. If used, the Link Logo must be used as a link to www.thebutchersguild.org. You may not use the Link Logo as a static image. You may not frame the BG Website or modify or alter the content or manner of display of BG’s Website.
b. Proprietary Marks. The BG name, Link, and Link Logo contain BG’s proprietary logos, trademarks, and service marks (collectively, “BG Marks”). The BG Marks may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not use the BG Marks:
To imply sponsorship or endorsement by BG;
To disparage BG, its product or services;
In connection with any products or services that in BG’s sole judgment may diminish or damage the goodwill in the BG Marks, including, but not limited to, use of the BG Marks in connection with pornography, violent images, and other objectionable material;
In such a way that the BG marks are displayed more prominently than the name/logo of your company; or
To infringe upon BG’s intellectual property rights or violate any state, federal, or international law.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
c. Trademark Notice. The following notice shall be included on the Web page in which the Link or Link Logo appears: “BG and BG Logo are trademarks of BG”.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
d. Disclaimer of Warranties. BG’S WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF BG’S WEBSITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEBSITES.
Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
e. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. YOU AGREE THAT BG SHALL NEITHER BE RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE LINK AND/OR LINK LOGO. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THE LINK AND/OR LINK LOGO IS TO STOP USING THEM. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE BG AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS, OFFICERS, ADMINISTRATORS, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND DIRECTORS OF AND FROM ANY AND ALL PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE RIGHTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, COSTS, LOSSES, EXPENSES, AND ATTORNEY FEES, WHICH YOU MAY NOW HAVE, OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ACCRUE RELATING TO THE LINK AND/OR LINK LOGO.
f. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless BG and its officers, employees, and authorized successors in interest from and against any claim, action, proceeding, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees as provided in this Agreement, arising out of any claim relating to your use of the BG company name, the Link, or the Link Logo by paying all amounts that a court finally awards or that your agree to in settlement of such claims.
Termination of License.
g. Termination of License. BG may terminate this License at any time, in its sole discretion, without liability or obligation to you of any kind. BG has the right to inspect your Website from time-to-time to ensure compliance with this License. In the event this License is terminated, you will remove all references to BG, including the Link and Link Logo, within twenty-four (24) hours of written request by BG.
h. Entire Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement of the undersigned parties with respect to the subject matter thereto. Only a writing that refers to this License and is signed by both parties may amend this License.