About The Butchers guild
Good meat can change the world.The Butcher’s Guild is a fraternity of meat professionals bound by The Oath to sell good meat. While we encourage every butcher to use only whole animals from local farms, we are hoping to rebuild an industry and have a spirit of inclusion.
The Butcher’s Guild stands in the guild tradition of maintaining a moral code within a trade. Butchers in the United States have lost their cohesion and support network as the food system has become dangerously centralized. The centralization killed the demand for skilled artisans.
We see the future of food based in localized food communities that require the knowledge of the butcher and we are fostering this generation of craftsman.
The Butcher’s Guild will be a reference place for butchers, as well as consumers that seek good meat.
We recognize food as part of a greater system that affects our health, environment and economy..
What is included in Membership with
The Butchers Guild?
- Access to a highly skilled network of Whole Animal Butchers.
- Camaraderie, pride, a mark of excellence – a feather in your cap. Use the brand to tell your story.
- Butchers Guild Promotional materials including window decal for your food business or retail butcher shop.
- Access to past years archived webinars, conference materials & research.
- Access to BG Members Only Page
- Profile and Image on our website (provided by YOU)
- Networking and insider information via newsletter as it comes to us.
- Free job postings on The Butchers Guild (dot) Org.
- Free AD space on The Butchers Guild (dot) Org.
- Post photos, press releases, articles, philosophical musings….you name it.
- Connections. (just ask, if we know someone you should talk to, we make the connection for you)
What makes me eligible for Membership with The Butchers Guild?
In order to be a member of The Butchers Guild, you must agree to uphold The Oath. In addition to that most important requirement, you must be in the process of learning to butcher, butchering or in mastery of the trade. We accept chefs, charcuterie makers, authors, entrepreneurs, apprentices, masters & educators of Whole Animal Butchery.
Our belief is that if you are working to expand and diversify the food system by supporting small farms and better, conscious, meat fabrication and production; your work is note worthy.
We need better practices and better meat. And as a society, we need to eat less of it.
If you want the benefits of Membership with our organization and you meet the criteria, join The Butchers Guild.