Kitchen Table Consultants - Looking For a Director Of Operations
Growing at a steady pace, KItchen Table Consultants is looking for a Director of Operation.
About the Company
Our goal is simple – to help passionate farmers and food makers build lasting, profitable, locally-focused businesses. We accomplish this by working alongside our clients. No stuffy business plans that get thrown on the shelf, never to be looked at again. We have real-world experience and understand first-hand the challenges facing small businesses. Our work is results oriented that delivers actionable steps to make businesses and nonprofits stronger and more profitable.
● Highly entrepreneurial and driven
● Obsessed with creating more value than we cost
● Candid and frank, there is no such thing as office politics in our world
● A typical new business with bumps in the road, evolving systems, and stuff we have not figured out yet
● Experience matters; we have worked with over 250 clients since 2009 and everyone on our team has run a business
● Absolutely dedicated to helping other entrepreneurs be successful on their own terms
● Vision to create a national firm that serves as an entrepreneur’s collective for good food and farm industry disruptions around the country
We’re looking for someone who will be a thought partner with our principals and will bring a hefty amount of experience and ability to the table. You need to have experience in an entrepreneurial environment and be a strong communicator. We’re looking for someone that will serve as a leader on our team and build strong relationships with our entrepreneurs and consultants in order to help them achieve their definition of success.
Most importantly, we believe that making an impact is just as important as a profit. We want you to share that belief and have the following:
Characteristics & Experiences
● You are most comfortable being both a doer and a director, and appreciate the challenge of hands-on role working with a small team.
● You need to be a systems thinker and problem solver that can take a broad view and boil it down to repeatable systems.
● You know the business life cycle of a professional services firm inside and out.
● You are comfortable and have experience reporting directly to two owners.
● You’re bold, direct, and can hold your own while being adaptable and committed to the good of the team.
● You have helped a business through a transformation and built automation into its systems.
● You have to have failed, pretty big, and you have to have learned from that failure and be able to share it.
● You’re a problem solver that can present the best possible solutions and create clear plans for implementation.
● You have experience in food and agriculture-related work or have a deep passion for creating thriving food systems.
● You’re self-motivated and like rolling your sleeves up and working hard - both at macro and micro level.
● You believe small businesses can change the world.
● You have an MBA, advanced degree, or comparable work experience. You dream in spreadsheets and numbers, but are also experienced training and managing people.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Business Development: Manage the process of driving new business,
including prospecting, proposal development, opportunity sourcing, and finding and responding to RFPs. General and systematic support of principals and consultants in developing new business.
2. Manage Client Onboarding: Strategic and action-oriented management of
client pipeline and project teams to drive billability and maximize team utilization rates. Manage project budgets, client onboarding, and post-project debriefs.
3. Systems Management: Assessment, strategic improvement, and daily
management of all internal systems, processes, and technologies - including CRM system, project management software, marketing, and financial management systems. Maintain current process checklists, operation manual, and policy handbook.
4. Marketing and External Communication: Collaborate with the Ops team,
consultants, and principles to develop and execute marketing strategies and plans. Streamline all external facing documents and systems. Develop methods to engage the consulting team in Marketing and Communications.
5. Project Management: Execution and oversight of several projects
simultaneously, management of general KTC operations, daily management of all KTC shared software, documents, and CRM system.
6. Financial Management: Manage bookkeeper, prepare and analyze quarterly financial documents, present quarterly financials to full team and facilitate an annual financial review and capital and budget planning process with principals.
7. Team Leadership: Lead operations team, meet weekly with all ops team
members to help them effectively set priorities, deadlines and be accountable to objectives. Support individual professional development of all Ops team members.
8. IT Systems: Installation and configuration of appropriate software, general
teamwide training and IT support on all project management, data storage, billing, and communications systems.
9. Team: Assist with HR strategy, recruitment, selection, onboarding, and
training of new operations and consulting team members. Lead weekly team meetings and organize annual retreats, trainings and team events.
10. Family of Businesses: Ensure quality of administrative support for KTC
incubated businesses with insurance, registration, and financial controls.
11. Special Projects: Development and execution of special projects as requested
by the principals
Skills & Abilities
● Systems: Evaluation, planning, automation, oversight, and elimination of redundancies.
● Marketing and Business Development: Strategy, planning, B2B sales, and client pipeline management
● People: You need to be patient while holding people accountable at the same time. You know that leadership takes on multiple forms. You’re so easy to work with people look forward to your calls and working through tasks they may otherwise avoid. You have a well-developed sense of humor, can admit when you are wrong, and laugh at yourself.
● Technology: Experience and comfort with multiple software platforms and CRMs, provide training, and the ability to develop and document easy-to-follow procedures.
● Numbers: Excel, Quickbooks, accounting, bookkeeping, forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow
● Writing: Talent and ability for written communication - from technical documents to persuasive narratives.
● Entrepreneurial: This is a remote position with minimal supervision or direct oversight. This position requires you to be self-driven, highly organized, detail oriented, and possess a broad range of professional experience, skills, and
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time and will also have a significant bonus structure based on how KTC performs as a whole. We offer healthcare and dental coverage. In addition, we will give you paid time off in addition to holidays. As with any small business, there will be some nights, weekends, other times you wish-you-were-not-working-but-are.
This is a remote position - we’ll provide you with a company owned laptop, some other snazzy equipment, and a monthly stipend to cover your phone and internet bills. There will be quarterly travel to meet with the principals in person in Pennsylvania (or wherever they might be), and other travel to support the team as needed.
Visit www.KitchenTableConsultants.com> Click Resources > Select Opportunities